Sunday, August 9, 2009

Another board

Here is another board I made. I found it at goodwill for a whopping $3. It had this beauty of a picture in the top section.

I know, I love me some crackle painted roses too. But, I mod podged over it with some fancy looking scrapbook paper. It already had a cork board in the bottom, so that was helpful.

Spray painted the frame, then the wind blew my newspaper on top of the frame and I cursed a bit, then AJ dropped his tennis ball in the wet paint, again with the language... At this point I decided Ah-ha! I will "distress" the frame - code, I'm not going to repaint this bad boy, I will just sand off the spots that look like crap.

So here it is... in our bathroom
don't pay attention to the water spot stains on the wall - we still have builder's flat paint in there.




Now you may ask, why would you put a bulletin board in your bathroom - well, I'm the most forgetful person in the world. So I tend to forget things like "go to work in the morning" or "it is awards day for your kindergarteners, so don't dress like a slob and for god's sake, brush your hair."



1 comment: