Sunday, August 9, 2009

Bulletin Boards

Well, while cleaning out our garage for the third time in the year that we have lived here, I found an old cork board that I had gotten from Big Lots for $2. I have almost gotten rid of this thing at least 100 times, but I finally found a use for it. Covered it in cute material, painted the frame, added some ribbon and viola! Well damn if I didn't get inspired then! John's company just got a new office and I thought the only woman of the company needed something cute like this in her life. I went to Goodwill, found a $3 frame, sanded and spray painted it etc. I just spray painted some upholstery tacks for mine, but wanted to spice it up a bit this time around. I got some of those flat bottom glass marbles (the ones you put in your beta vase) used a 1/2 inch round hole punch and cut some cute papers out. Then mod podged them to the bottoms, and gorilla glued on a tack. I ended up making about 65 of these tacks because it was just too freakin' cute when you put the marble over the image it magnifies it and makes everything look cuter! What can I say? I'm easily impressed.


Anyway... after all the tacks, I went back to the project at hand and finished up the board I was working on. I'm going to add some 1 1/2 inch red ribbon to the back and tie it in a bow for hanging purposes, but I haven't found the right shade of red just yet. Tomorrow will be another trip to Joann's, Michael's and the devil itself: Hobby Lobby...



The overall board.


details...



No comments:

Post a Comment