Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A vessel sink stand from an old sewing table

It was really very simple. I bought a vessel sink and I needed to find something to put it on. I searched the internet and everything I liked was around $300, so I went to Craiglist. I love Craigslist.

I found a perfectly lovely sewing table ($30!) and took out the guts.


Sanded it down.


Re-stained it. Drilled a hole for the drain and another for the faucet (crappy pic, I swear it's gorgeous).

Viola! And I would also like to point out (like to do to every person that enters my house) that I tiled and grouted that floor myself.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Awesome job Jamie! You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing! I am confused though, where does the water drain out to? I love vessel sinks, and they're so pricey, but this would make it possible. Details woman! :o)

    ReplyDelete